Incorporating SEO into your agency’s website is an essential part of your inbound marketing strategy, but can seem like a daunting task. However, SEO can be simplified and easily integrated into your marketing routine. In this week’s post, we’re going to focus on simplifying SEO strategy by providing an SEO overview, reviewing popular free tools, and discussing when your agency should hire an SEO professional.
SEO For Insurance Agencies
SEO refers to practices that help your website rank higher in search engine results. This means your agency is more visible to prospects searching for health insurance agencies. Putting time and resource toward SEO will help increase targeted traffic to your website, in turn generating more business for your agency.
The key to boosting SEO is researching keywords and using them to optimize your website and blog content. Research keywords with different tools to gain insight into what topics are of interest to your audience. Then insert those keywords into your website and blog content so they appear higher in search engine rankings. The more relevant content you have, the higher your ranking will be.
Although Google regularly updates its SEO policies, some SEO techniques remain constant. Here are some simple SEO practices your agency can implement:
- Set Realistic Goals
To optimize your SEO strategy, it’s important to set specific and realistic goals. You might strive to increase search traffic by 10% per month or drive 25% more sales with your blog content. Once you set your goals, you can then develop a plan of action. Your plan might include posting more content on topics, such as why small businesses should purchase a company health insurance policy.
- Create High-Quality Content
When it comes to SEO, creating high-quality content is essential. It’s important to consider the problems your prospects are trying to solve or questions that they have and then create content that addresses these issues. For example, if a group is looking to expand their benefits offerings, you can develop a blog post highlighting new options, such as telemedicine and FSAs. By taking these steps, you can increase your inbound traffic and boost your search engine ranking.
- Do Your Keyword Research
Before you can create effective content, you want to learn what your target audience wants. There are many tools for keyword research, but you can simplify the process by starting with Google. While Google once prioritized keywords, they now promote content that helps people solve their problems. When searching for topics to cover, go to Google and type in a keyword such as “health insurance.” You will see related searches appear, such as “health insurance plans,” and “health insurance quotes.” These results can give you insight into the problems your audience is looking to solve, and you can create your content accordingly.
- Get High Quality Backlinks
Link-building is an important practice for boosting your SEO. Recent studies indicate that the more high-quality backlinks a website has, the higher it will rank on Google. There are various ways you can achieve this. You might write a guest blog for another insurance website and link it to your agency’s website or create infographics with health insurance statistics and post it on social media with a link to your website. Another practice is to mention key influencers in the health insurance industry in your blog content. Many times these influencers will link back to you if you mention them.
Free SEO Tools
Here are a few highly recommended free SEO tools to help you enhance your agency’s SEO strategy:
- Yoast WordPress Plugin: If you have a WordPress site, you can install the Yoast SEO plugin. This is one of the best SEO plugins available, with a wide array of features designed to help you optimize your content. It helps with keyword optimization, checks your content for readability, and it is updated every two weeks with Google’s algorithm.
- Google Trends: When creating content, it’s important to take into account which insurance topics are trending with your audience. Google Trends is an excellent free tool that shows you the search volume of different topics and search terms. This helps you to understand which topics are trending so you can adjust your blog content to better resonate with your audience.
- Keywordtool.io: This tool helps you come up with keyword ideas, and can generate up to 750 keyword suggestions.
- Google Analytics: No discussion of free SEO tools is complete without mentioning Google Analytics. This tool provides data on how many people visit your site, how they found it, and what actions they took during their visit. It also helps you to monitor your organic traffic so you can see if any major changes take place. This is the best free tool available for helping you understand your site visitors and their experience with your agency’s website.
When to Hire an SEO Specialist
A big question that many insurance agencies have is whether to hire an SEO specialist. While you don’t need to be a marketing genius to implement SEO effectively, in some cases hiring a professional is advisable. Generally speaking, if your SEO needs are more extensive than you can manage with basic SEO tools, you might consider hiring a specialist. Also consider whether you have the interest, time, and technical skills to manage your agency’s SEO strategy on your own. If not, it might be time to hire an SEO specialist.
A skilled SEO professional can help you with the following:
- Staying up-to-date on current SEO practices
- Reviewing analytics
- Figuring out where to focus your marketing efforts
- Building your brand
- Analyzing your marketing campaigns
- Tracking your competition
- Improving your agency’s marketing strategy
However, if you have the proficiency and time to manage your agency’s SEO strategy, it is entirely possible to handle on your own.
Although SEO strategy may seem like a complicated topic, this doesn’t have to be the case. At its core, SEO assists you in delivering relevant online content to business owners who are searching for an insurance policy for their employees. SEO helps you to grow your brand, direct relevant traffic to your site, and become a trusted authority in the insurance industry.